Term 3 Week 6- Racial Harmony

Sunday 27 July 2008


Hi 5.5,

How have all of you been this weekend??
Its been a really hectic week starting with Racial Harmony on Monday, good for all of you of course with lessons suspended and long recess and not to forget loads of good food as well as games....loads of play...
BUT...
Not to forget your homework though....as I said, your HW needs to be done consistently and do not slacken as the class test is coming up soon in another 2 weeks time. It would be a good time for you to see if you have made the efforts to make improvements since your SA 1.

In the 2 days on course, I have not been slacking too. I was going through lessons just like you for most of the day. In fact, perhaps, longer hours than you as I have lessons from morning till late afternoon. Tired in the afternoons especially after food, but nevertheless, I try my best to stay focused on what the lecturer tries to say. I must say, taking down notes while the lecture waa going on does help. At least, I told myself repeatedly to try and make sense of what was going on....
You know, it does feel good to be back as a student sitting there listening to the lecturer, at least I do not have to keep talking on and on....To me, that is a luxury and I was glad the course was an enriching one.

Well, I do hope all of you do be as disciplined with yourself as much as you can during this busy term.

Alrights back to your reflections, you have just celebrated Racial Harmony Day.This week, I'd like you to reflect on the importance of racial harmony in Singapore. To guide you along, here are some questions:

1. What does 'racial harmony' mean to you?

2. Why is it important that we have racial harmony in Singapore?

3. Do you think the different races get along well in school and in your neighbourhood?

4, Do you have any friend/s from a different race? If yes, how did you get to know him/her? What do you do together? If not, why don't you have any friends from another race?

5. How can you help to promote racial harmony in your school and in your neighbourhood?

Keep your postings updated!

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web